i think he’s a snake because
- self preservation. he puts his life above all others with the exception of those he deems worthy of him (his family/pack)
- the same goes for loyalty and trust. he is loyal and trusts but only those he think deserves his loyalty and trust
- he’s a planner. a slytherin quality is not only planning long term but always thinking a few steps ahead (chess).
- stiles is super resourceful (cunning and ambition pair with this recited phrase) and his means of resourcefulness are not always in line with the law which leads into
- he only respects the law/rules when it’s a law he believes in or a rule he agrees with (or he’ll find a reason to bend it that’s relevant to him - oh it’s ok for me to break this rule because it might benefit me later), it’s not about fairness/justice or about what is ‘right’
- he can be very distrustful of people until they prove themselves to him (derek, deaton etc) - even if they have already been deemed trustworthy by others in his circle (pack)
- i mean, not a monopoly held by snakes obviously but stiles is also a bit of an asshole - his wit is set in sarcasm and sharp tongues aimed to make humour from pain or belittling someone else (it’s a deflection thing that makes you feel superior that’s all)
- he’s vengeful - he will forgive (his closest) but won’t forget
- he cares about how people perceive him. he wants to know if he’s desirable, needs to be the one to figure things out first, he holds knowledge in until he can show off, his self image is important (he might be viewed as a geek but he does not have low self esteem)
- this is probably better suited to up with resourceful but he’s more than happy to use people for his own personal gain without feeling bad about it
a thingo to remember:
- being a slytherin does not make someone bad/evil (see regulus black), just like there are bad wizards that are not snakes (see wormtail)
- just because someones smart doesn’t make them ravenclaw, look at hermione. it’s about driving force.
I would like now please immediately an AU where someone puts Hufflepuff!Scott’s name into the Goblet of Fire and Stiles loses his goddamn flipping mind tracking them down and making them pay.
I am consumed by the idea that some significant amount of time post season 4 Stiles and Scott get woken up by the same kind of Evil!Stiles Is Back nightmare. But Stiles wakes himself up first, and can’t get back to sleep. So it’s like 4:30 am and he’s scrolling through facebook on his phone, and someone’s posted one of those buzzfeed lists, like 38 pictures that will make you nostalgic for your childhood or whatever. And he’s like yeah, yeah BUT NUMBER TWENTY-NINE IS THE EXACT WATER GUN HE AND SCOTT BOTH HAD. AND HE SITS UP IN BED. FLIPPING OUT OVER THIS BLACK AND GREEN PLASTIC MONSTROSITY THAT ONCE GOT HIM AND SCOTT GROUNDED FOR A WEEK. AND HE IS JUST SO HAPPY THAT THE INTERNET HAS CAPTURED THIS STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC FOR ALL TIME.
So he sends the link to Scott in a text and that’s actually what wakes Scott up from his nightmare. And it just is exactly what he needs to reassure him that his best friend is real and not trying to kill him, what the fuck. AND ALSO THAT WATER GUN WAS SO MUCH FUN. HE BEGGED HIS MOM FOR TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT AND FINALLY HE HAD ONE JUST LIKE STILES AND THEY TORE THE DAMN TOWN UP WITH THOSE THINGS. AND SUDDENLY HE IS WIDE AWAKE AND STOKED ON THAT STUPID OLD TOY.
And at 6:00 am Stiles throws a rock at Scott’s window, holding two (slightly smaller than remembered) dusty, kinda cobweb covered, hideous black and green plastic water guns. And Scott’s jaw drops open. “YOUR DAD KEPT THEM IN THE BASEMENT?”
"I KNOW RIGHT? WHAT AN IDIOT."
And Scott climbs out his window and does some stupid wolfy somersault off the roof to land on his feet and take one of the guns from Stiles. And he puts one hand on Stiles’ shoulder and looks him very seriously in the eyes, and says, “Derek?”
And Stiles’ eyes go wide with unholy glee. “DEREK,” he agrees. AND THEN THEY RUN TO THE JEEP GIGGLING LIKE PRECIOUS IDIOTS.
3000% accurate recap tbh
[BURSTS INTO YOUR ROOM AT 2AM] do yoU WANT TO TALK ABOUT ISAAC’S RELUCTANCE TO LEAVE BEACON HILLS MEMORIAL WITHOUT SCOTT AND THE WAY HIS VOICE CRACKS WHEN HE SAYS HIS NAME AND HOW PETER LITERALLY HAS TO BELLOW AT HIM AND HOW THE TWINS HAVE TO BE SO FUCKING CLOSE BEFORE HE FINALLY GIVES IN AND GOES?
[BACKFLIPS OUT OF BED] THAT’S ALL I WANT TO TALK ABOUT RIGHT NOW AND ALSO ANY OTHER TIME
Jennifer Exposition-Background Blake
Here to bore you to freaking death with all the things the script writers didn’t feel like revealing in a more interesting way.
I sincerely hope her English classes are more interesting.
It occurs to me that Isaac probably really loves not having to cram into that tiny ass camero anymore. Because, like
1) Derek some of us have legs and need to avoid jamming them into sports cars, kthnx.
2) DEREK SOME OF US HAVE ISSUES WITH SMALL SPACES PLS JUST LET ME RIDE WITH STILES OR TAKE MY BIKE
or ride on the back of Scott’s that would be ok too